C. Theodore Mariolis
C. Theodore Mariolis
– – – – – – – – – – –
Complex Title and Real Estate Law
Secured Lending and Closings
Commercial and Business Law
Title and Title Insurance
Admissions and Memberships
- Massachusetts 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court 1980
- New Hampshire 2006
- Massachusetts Bar Assn.
- New Hampshire Bar Assn.
- Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Assn.
- Member, (Registries Committee)
- Worcester County Bar Assn.
- North Worcester County Bar Assn.
- J.D. Suffolk University Law School,
- B.S., (cum Laude) Political Science, Northeastern University, 1976
Practice, Focus and Experience
C. Theodore Mariolis practices in the fields of:
- Residential and Commercial Lending
- Real Estate Development
- Condominium Law
- Business Law
- Loan Resolution and Foreclosures
- Complex Title Examinations
- Title Insurance and Title Certifications
- Property Disputes
- Commercial and Industrial Titles
- Expert Witness Services and Testimony in real estate litigation matters.
Attorney Mariolis represents lenders on a ‘virtual in-house counsel’ basis, assisting in operational legal and regulatory matters.
- Principal advisor to lending institutions and businesses on issues relating to title, lending conveyancing, workouts and general operations.
- Consulting attorney and expert witness to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, local governments and litigation counsel on real estate law issues.
- Over 20 years of active conveyancing; successfully completing over 15,000 real estate transactions.
- Numerous multi-site title examinations, including hospitals, paper mills, dams, and reservoirs, industrial development sites, manufacturing plants, lake and water rights titles, ancient roadway titles, railroad titles, farms, cranberry bogs, large subdivisions and condominium complexes.
Articles and Publications
- Contributing author to PESI Massachusetts Boundary Law and Landowner Disputes 2003-2006.
- Contributing author to Practical Real Estate Title Skills in Massachusetts 2004, Half Moon LLC.
- Contributing author to Real Estate Lending Requirements and Loan Documentation in Massachusetts, Lorman 2005.
- Contributing author and lecturer of Commercial Real Estate Financing in Massachusetts – Lorman 2007-2008.
Attorney Mariolis is an Attorney Agent for:
- First American Title Insurance Co. (Massachusetts & New Hampshire)
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company (Massachusetts & New Hampshire)
- Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
- CATIC Title Insurance Company
- Stewart Title Co.
- Mariolis operates an internet-based equity loan title service, which provides equity loan titles at a cost-effective, expedited basis.
Attorney Mariolis is peer review “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest bestowed rating.