C. Theodore Mariolis
Practice, Focus and Experience
C. Theodore Mariolis practices in the field of Real Estate, Lending and Business Law. He deals with complex title issues and property disputes, resolution of title defects, commercial and industrial titles, as well as provides expert advice and testimony in real estate litigation matters.
Attorney Mariolis also represents lenders in residential and commercial real estate lending and in the workout and foreclosure of troubled loans. He assists real estate focused business clients in the acquisition, sale, leasing and development of real estate.
Attorney Mariolis represents lenders on a ‘virtual in-house counsel’ basis, assisting in operational legal matters such as human resource issues, computer and service contract issues, and regulatory matters.
- Principal advisor to lending institutions and businesses on issues relating to title, lending conveyancing, workouts and general operations.
- Consulting attorney and expert witness to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, local governments and litigation counsel on real estate law issues.
- Over 20 years of active conveyancing; successfully completing over 15,000 real estate transactions.
- Numerous multi-site title examinations, including hospitals, paper mills, dams, and reservoirs, industrial development sites, manufacturing plants, lake and water rights titles, ancient roadway titles, railroad titles, farms, cranberry bogs, large subdivisions and condominium complexes.
Articles and Publications
- Contributing author to PESI Massachusetts Boundary Law and Landowner Disputes 2003-2006.
- Contributing author to Practical Real Estate Title Skills in Massachusetts 2004, Half Moon LLC.
- Contributing author to Real Estate Lending Requirements and Loan Documentation in Massachusetts, Lorman 2005.
- Contributing author and lecturer of Commercial Real Estate Financing in Massachusetts – Lorman 2007-2008.
Attorney Mariolis is an Approved Attorney for:
- Chicago Title Insurance Company
Attorney Mariolis is an Attorney Agent for:
- First American Title Insurance Co. (Massachusetts & New Hampshire)
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company (Massachusetts & New Hampshire)
- Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
- Mariolis operates an internet-based equity loan title service, which provides equity loan titles at a cost-effective, expedited basis.
Attorney Mariolis is peer review “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest bestowed rating.